Knock sensor

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Worstdecisionever

Post by Worstdecisionever »

Hi Guys,

I have a 2018 1.2 petrol showing an engine fault. Had it scanned and its showing the knock sensor needs replacing. Im always keen to try things myself so im confident i can do it but cant seem to find the bugger.
Does anyone know where it is exactly? Dont want to start dismantling things where i dont need to.

Thanks

Valer

Post by Valer »

You'll need to remove the starter to stand a hope in hell of getting to it,plus when replacing it needs fitting in the correct position and tightened to 20nm,
but there isn't a fault code that actually states that the sensor needs replacing,it could just as easily be a wiring fault or even the sensor not being correctly fixed
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
Worstdecisionever

Post by Worstdecisionever »

Valer wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:50 pm You'll need to remove the starter to stand a hope in hell of getting to it,plus when replacing it needs fitting in the correct position and tightened to 20nm,
but there isn't a fault code that actually states that the sensor needs replacing,it could just as easily be a wiring fault or even the sensor not being correctly fixed
Oh jesus. Yeah just gonna give it to my mechanic then 😂 out of my patience zone there! It showed an error so thought id just replace it. They are cheap enough to make it worth while. Thank you for your help