Faulty new car

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

The hazards do work it’s only the switch illumination

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Ian T wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:43 pm Try this one. My 72 plate auto ultimate has one of the dash switches that while switching ok isn’t illuminated but should be.
The dealer ordered a switch array including the Hazard switch that I am having an issue with. Today the part arrived and it has been found that it is a wiring harness issue with no repair available. While it might seam like a small issue this is a £35 K purchase do you think Vauxhall will do anything?
Oh wow to a harness issue that they cant fix?? good god that's shocking :o :o :o

I would be handing the keys back to th dealer asking for a full refund and rejecting the car not fit for purpose, and dangerous at that.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Jestot

Post by Jestot »

Update- 2nd diagnostic test was apparently OK. Agreed the seat & steering heaters intermittent so dealer reporting fault to Vauxhall. Asked replacement car - ordered. In meantime driving this which may be 6 months!
My complaint to Vauxhall Customer Care was escalated over week ago & I was told I'd have call with team within 2 to 5 business days = not happened. Chased again yesterday & was told case officer would call - still not heard!
My written complaint to Vauxhall CEO over a week ago not even acknowledged.
I despair!!!!!!
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

My car goes in on Monday for 2 days regarding the hazard warning switch not illuminating let’s see
Rons

Post by Rons »

I got a new Grandland GS on Saturday and discovered the Sar Nav is missing. I only hope that's the only problem I have. Contacted the dealership and getting £500 compensation.
Hello Jestot and Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your having issues with your new car.
If you not getting anywhere with your local dealership the next step would be Vauxhall customer care then if they dont help it would be the Vauxhall CEO.
Judging by your issues and you have seen the dealership principal as your not happy I think your best solution would be to contact the Vauxhall CEO office.
[/quote]
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

My switch is now repaired.
However I now have another fault auto headlight adjustment failure I’ll start another thread for that
Jag Jagat

Post by Jag Jagat »

OMG, I thought I was going crazy. I have had the identical issue re Satnav not built in

Awful service from dealer & Vauxhall.

Next stop CEO....great suggestion