Leather seats on 1.2 Elite Nav

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
mhr98

Post by mhr98 »

Had my Grandland for almost three years now. Perhaps not the time to start complaining about the things that I don't like, e.g. the infotainment system, but what is annoying me is that the leather on the right-hand side of the driver's seat started to crack around three or four months ago. It is part of the squab that is raised so it does take extra strain with the driver getting in and out but I would have thought that the seat would cope with such circumstances. Add to that, I am a low mileage driver having done just over 9,000 miles since the car was new. In my mind that makes the wear unacceptable.
The dealership is having problems dealing with my complaint and I am wondering whether anybody else has experienced a similar problem.
I have attached a couple of photos.

Cracking - 2 IMG_20230628_092013318.jpg

Cracking -1 IMG_20230628_092021523.jpg

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

That looks like degradation of the leather and then under stress has cracked and split.

VX may say you've not looked after the leather seats carefully enough with leather balm and cleaners.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi mhr98 anmd Welcome to the Forum

This is not normal for the leather to wear this easily. If your car is still under warranty get it booked in then contact Vauxhall CEO office to resolve.
I had an issue with my passenger side seat where the rear storage pocket where the trim snapped at the top they dont usally replace these but once an email was sent it was replaced.
Have you used anything on the seats since you purchased it like a leather balm or cleaner?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
mhr98

Post by mhr98 »

Good Morning GRANDLANDX68,
Thanks for the reply. Currently waiting for response from Sales Manager at VX franchise. Checked Grandland handbook for leather care. Recommends wiping "with clear water and a soft cloth" or If heavy soiling "use leather care". Never needed to use either of these treatments. I will take your advice if the response from the Sales manager is negative. His response is due this week. Car is still under warranty.
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

Mine did this. Vauxhall did a crap repair and I ended up getting a local car upholsterer to replace. This bit isn't leather according to them,
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

mhr98 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:41 am Good Morning GRANDLANDX68,
Thanks for the reply. Currently waiting for response from Sales Manager at VX franchise. Checked Grandland handbook for leather care. Recommends wiping "with clear water and a soft cloth" or If heavy soiling "use leather care". Never needed to use either of these treatments. I will take your advice if the response from the Sales manager is negative. His response is due this week. Car is still under warranty.
No problem. Hope they do resolve it for you.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I use autoglym leather cleaner and the cream, a bit expensive but great results.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Only the centre sections are real leather outers are leather effect. I use Gliptone leather conditioner and our seats look as good as new with 16K on the clock and over 2 years old. That does look like cracking of the pvc faux leather.

https://gliptoneeurope.com/product/leather-conditioner/
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
mhr98

Post by mhr98 »

Thanks for the tips. Still awaiting response from dealership. Must be the holiday season!!!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

mhr98 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:20 am Thanks for the tips. Still awaiting response from dealership. Must be the holiday season!!!
Thanks for the update. I would try and chase them up this week.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post