Vauxhall app.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi. Does anyone know why the “Connected Services / Audio System” in the Vauxhall App is blank and has been blank for a few months?

Is this just the app confirming is absolutely not fit for purpose?

IMG_0612.png

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

That tells you if there are any updates for the audio system and nav maps. If it says nothing like yours does then there are no updates available
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

The Vauxhall mobile App is so flawed in many ways and has more development holes in it than a sieve, it's useless and rubbish. There think that about covers it.

The other updates are best done via PC and checking on the Vauxhall Connect site, this will tell you if anything is needed for your car (based on the VIN )
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

It definitely needs a lot of work. I only use the app to check charge level every so often and to start the heating in winter so the car is defrosting before I get in.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Jw427 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:16 am The Vauxhall mobile App is so flawed in many ways and has more development holes in it than a sieve, it's useless and rubbish. There think that about covers it.

The other updates are best done via PC and checking on the Vauxhall Connect site, this will tell you if anything is needed for your car (based on the VIN )
Agreed. 👍
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

My app has just crashed today and I’ve had to log back into it, now I can’t add my car into the app now as it says the vin is not recognised. I’ve tried both adding vin manually and by the photo method and neither works. Has anybody had this fault and fixed it??
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

ianwat23 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:43 pm My app has just crashed today and I’ve had to log back into it, now I can’t add my car into the app now as it says the vin is not recognised. I’ve tried both adding vin manually and by the photo method and neither works. Has anybody had this fault and fixed it??
Try clearing the cache and memory stats for the VX app on the phone, then try re-login again.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Glad it's not just me. I suddenly noticed my Vauxhall app has lost all its data, including details of my car! I tried reinstalling the app and logging in again but to no avail. I also tried re-entering my VIN but it just says invalid VIN! I've emailed Vauxhall support (for the app) but no response yet. I'll try what you mentioned - not sure though how you delete the cache for the app?

Simon
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Midinotes wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:26 am Glad it's not just me. I suddenly noticed my Vauxhall app has lost all its data, including details of my car! I tried reinstalling the app and logging in again but to no avail. I also tried re-entering my VIN but it just says invalid VIN! I've emailed Vauxhall support (for the app) but no response yet. I'll try what you mentioned - not sure though how you delete the cache for the app?

Simon
What Phone OS are you using, if Android like I have, when you go to the VX App, press and hold on the icon and then three menu choices appear, select App Info, then select Storage & Cache, and you will see clear storage and also clear cache and a little bin symbol above them, you can do both (the clear storage will reset the app) and Cache clears the used memory.

Can do this to any app on the phone as helps keep the phone in tip-top condition, so apps like FB/Instagram/Chrome etc. helps clear down the junk and adverts on some of them.
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Oh and VX have released a new App update to the app store and now it is completely fubared and will not recognise any VIN entered LOL Good ol Vauxhall developers at their best

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post