Auto headlight adjust failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

I had an auto headlight adjustment failure warning appear so booked my car in with the dealer. They diagnosed 2 headlights required so they were ordering the headlights. I got a call later in the day to say they needed my car back in for a day to undertake further tests as the headlights were over £2000 so it’s booked in for next Friday will let you know. What happens

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Ian T wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:30 pm I had an auto headlight adjustment failure warning appear so booked my car in with the dealer. They diagnosed 2 headlights required so they were ordering the headlights. I got a call later in the day to say they needed my car back in for a day to undertake further tests as the headlights were over £2000 so it’s booked in for next Friday will let you know. What happens
Take it you have the Zenon headlights, ultra bright and dance when turn on (same as in mine)
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

No mine are the led adaptive lights
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Grandland ultimate auto oct 2023
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Intellilux
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Ian T wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:36 amIntellilux
Okay, newer model than mine then, dealer should cover the whole cost on warranty as your car is so new, and odd they have gone wrong so quickly.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
pd2023x

Post by pd2023x »

So slightly different problem but my MAR 2023 Grandland Ultimate 1.2 Petrol has similar issue, when headlights set to AUTO mode, within 30 secs of driving when dark or dim it displays "Check the main beam headlamps". If sunny it can take a lot longer before it tries to switch on to main beam. Essentially fails to automatically switch between sidelights and mean beam. Turns out I'm the third customer with this fault. Also get the orange spanner on right of digital dash. Been told to set manually to main beam to avoid it. Still get the message when driving but the main beam does stay on and doesn't turn off (yet).

headlights.JPG

Dealer for the past two customers previously ordered two new headlights and control unit and believes that fixes it, but parts are on back-order. I was told £2700 for parts although only 1 day old, so covered under warranty.
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Vauxhall have replaced my car with a new Grandland due to the wiring fault so extremely happy
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Hello I got my new car 4 months ago and guess what auto headlight adjustment fault came on this morning. Strange thing is it is exactly the same junction that the other car used to come up with the fault.
I think I will now change the car for something with less electronics on I think

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post