Odd starting issue, electric mirrors don't open etc.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

Jaxspr wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:39 pm :shock: no mine didn’t mine all started with it telling me i need to check my dog lights a couple of weeks before it open doors but not mirrors and wouldn’t start.

I have had two tech updates as per Vauxhall before they changed the Battery Management thing and it’s Day 2 of working
edgejedi wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:11 pm Longshot, but did anyone's car 'unlock itself' prior to the more disruptive issues. Locking my car 100% and coming back to find it unlocked despite keys safely secured.
Under warranty or paid? Has it fixed the issue.

Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

edgejedi wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:43 pm
Jaxspr wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:39 pm :shock: no mine didn’t mine all started with it telling me i need to check my dog lights a couple of weeks before it open doors but not mirrors and wouldn’t start.

I have had two tech updates as per Vauxhall before they changed the Battery Management thing and it’s Day 2 of working
edgejedi wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:11 pm Longshot, but did anyone's car 'unlock itself' prior to the more disruptive issues. Locking my car 100% and coming back to find it unlocked despite keys safely secured.
Under warranty or paid? Has it fixed the issue.
No warranty it’s five years old now. It seems to be the 2018 models that have the issue.

Working fine now but Vauxhall have not charged me yet until they are sure. The actual box thing isn’t expensive. Vauxhall tech have been rubbish. Vauxhall guy has been great as his own Grandland started doing while mine was in so he has been real going at it to work it out and I gave home the forum info.

I now have no fault codes before I had loads that made no sense
Hally88

Post by Hally88 »

Hi, Just had the same problem on my Grandland X 1.2 petrol.
50K on the clock.
Had the belt changed twice, but that is another issue. Now, as you say, wing mirrors initially retracted and stayed that way. I pushed them open and they do not retract and of course the car does not lock, which means i cannot leave it anywhere other than home.
Has anybody got to the bottom of it for sure yet? :D
Deleted User 265

Hally, use the spare physical key to lock your car. It's part of the actual key and will just slide out when you move across the plastic button embedded in the key.

I'm touching wood, I've had no issues with my car for a week, it's been working just fine. Weird situation...
dale1990

Post by dale1990 »

johnney7 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:24 pm Hi, just wanted to ask Dale1990 how's it going with new BPGA unit?
All good mate - just got it back a week ago and it’s solved it completely. Hope this helps!
Lucasj1

Post by Lucasj1 »

Mine has just starting to do the same thing including electric tail gate won't open until after the engine has started. Regarding the BPGA module that seems to be fixing this issue, can someone post a link to where I can get one.
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

Hi

I told Vauxhall to change my BPGA and I have no issues since.

Since mine has been done they have done the same change to two others.
Hally88 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:11 am Hi, Just had the same problem on my Grandland X 1.2 petrol.
50K on the clock.
Had the belt changed twice, but that is another issue. Now, as you say, wing mirrors initially retracted and stayed that way. I pushed them open and they do not retract and of course the car does not lock, which means i cannot leave it anywhere other than home.
Has anybody got to the bottom of it for sure yet? :D
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

IMG_0589.jpeg

Hi

The BPGA has been changed on my Grandland X 1.2 petrol, 43k on clock 2018 model

My first issue was fog light check this is one of the issues it creates then it’s wing mirrors won’t open and it won’t start.

Make sure you tell Vauxhall this and that you want the Battery Management changed.

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

Deleted User 265

Jaxspr wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:54 pm Hi

My first issue was fog light check this is one of the issues it creates then it’s wing mirrors won’t open and it won’t start.

Make sure you tell Vauxhall this and that you want the Battery Management changed.
How much did they charge you for this?
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

edgejedi wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:08 pm
Jaxspr wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:54 pm Hi

How much did they charge you for this?
I paid today £460 but remember I had no idea what was wrong and I started to google when I found out I had loads of codes coming up.

The fog light was one of them and I obviously found this.

It is covered on warranty!!!!! So check.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post