new battery not recognised

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
chick

Post by chick »

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone knows what the problem is and how to sort, my 2019 Grandland doesn't seem to recognise that it now has a new, fully charged battery fitted after the first one went completely flat. I say this because, even after the new battery has been fitted ( and the car has been told it has a new one) and has a full charge it continues to go into Eco mode and stop start won't work, any ideas please?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

chick wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:21 pm Hi all,
I'm hoping someone knows what the problem is and how to sort, my 2019 Grandland doesn't seem to recognise that it now has a new, fully charged battery fitted after the first one went completely flat. I say this because, even after the new battery has been fitted ( and the car has been told it has a new one) and has a full charge it continues to go into Eco mode and stop start won't work, any ideas please?
Its sounds like the car has not registered that the new battery has been fitted, Have they tried to tell the car again it has a new one.
It also sometimes takes a bit of time to recognise it aswell.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
chick

Post by chick »

Hiya, We have tried 2 different new batteries and the car has been told it has a new battery several times and it still isn't allowing my stop start to work and keeps going into Eco mode, it didn't have a problem until the original battery died. in your experience how long should it take for the car to recognise it has a new battery? as it has been weeks and weeks now. We don't know where else to go with this.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It sounds like the Stop start system may need to be reset by a dealership then as that would have sorted itself by now usually.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
chick

Post by chick »

Thank you
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post