Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Adam G wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:20 pm Hi, I've posted on one thread here before but thought I'd introduce myself with my feedback approximately one year since purchasing a second-hand 2019 (19 reg) Grandland X 1.2 SE Turbo petrol.

Overall:
Pleased with the performance and reliability of the car. Although I've listed a lot of negatives, most of them are minor inconveniences such as storage and audio problems.

Positive:
  1. Cabin noise is very quiet.
  2. First (compact) SUV I've owned, but it's not so big / tall as to seem overbearing, so it's been easier for me to adjust.
  3. Able to fit a small adult between two infant / toddler car seats at the back.
  4. Front and rear windscreen defoggers act very quickly (particularly the front one on max setting).
Negative - I've seen most of these mentioned on this forum before:
  1. Scary - wet timing belt. Hasn't been a problem yet but will always ask about it when the time for a service comes around.
  2. Ride is generally smooth on normal roads, but seems very unstable on gravelly / bumpy roads - wobbles from side to side, at least in driver's position (no complaints from front passenger position).
  3. Glove compartment is almost completely useless due to lack of storage space. Can only fit in thin things like a pen.
  4. Drawer under steering wheel near driver's door is very stiff.
  5. Boot has no light - seems ridiculous as I would never have expected this to be missing in a car!
  6. Side pockets in boot are very shallow, struggle to fit 3 empty shopping bags in there without folding them.
  7. Biting point is too high. I'm still not quite used to this despite how long I've had the car.
  8. Android Auto doesn't remember volume adjustments. Generally I find it a bit too loud.
  9. The boot doesn't automatically lock after a short time once closed.
  10. The key fob has recently decided to unlock all the doors when long pressing on the boot release button (rather than just the boot).
  11. The radio isn't intuitive. I inherited the car with only a handful of stations and have not been able to successfully pick up new stations on the scan unless I manually choose a local region. When navigating up and down radio stations it jumps between FM/AM/DAB somewhat randomly rather than sticking to the same source (e.g. DAB).
Glad to have this forum - I read through the Faults & Technical section quite extensively in the first few weeks after buying the car.

Glad to hear you have the found the Forum useful.
As you say the negatives are relatively minor for what is a good car.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

oldguynewcar

Post by oldguynewcar »

Hello all,

Just taken delivery of my new Ultimate (hybrid) and found this forum.
Hoping some of the younger or more technically savvy people here can help me with some issues I'm having with Gerry (as the wife has named it!)

I'll take a look around and see if there's an appropriate place to post some of my questions/niggles.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Helllo oldguynewcar and Welcome to the forum.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Mygreenfingers65

Post by Mygreenfingers65 »

:D we bought a 2019 Grandland X about three months ago, only second hand but still a new car for us, we live in West Sussex in the uk
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Mygreenfingers65 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:53 pm :D we bought a 2019 Grandland X about three months ago, only second hand but still a new car for us, we live in West Sussex in the uk
Hello Mygreenfingers65 and Welcome to the forum.
Alanba1966

Post by Alanba1966 »

Newbie. (Not sure how long I’ll be here tbh)
Bought a 2021 elite nav £19k.. Within weeks knocking from engine. Long story short. Needed a new clutch and gearbox. (11k miles) Dealership less than disgraceful not answering calls, e mails, etc. manger only replied after a bad review BUT didn’t know anything about it” never called back despite several more contacts via differing personnel. (Stelantis Birmingham central) anyway fixed under warranty. Now a fan noise which can’t be diagnosed, noise (grunt) from heater fan and a loud squeal this morning (took on a run this afternoon and didn’t happen) thinking could be turbo. Tv quite frank im scared to death to drive the thing (been driving 30 years +) anyway there’s the tail😂😂
PaulSh

Post by PaulSh »

Hi everyone - I’m Paul. Owning my first Grandland X 2019 and getting used to all the bells and whistles. Love it so far!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PaulSh wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:00 pm Hi everyone - I’m Paul. Owning my first Grandland X 2019 and getting used to all the bells and whistles. Love it so far!
Hello PaulSh and Welcome to the forum.
Epochking72

Post by Epochking72 »

Hi all,
My names Martin and I own a 2018 petrol Grandland X 1.2 turbo, which I’ve had a year and a half.
I’ve had nothing but problems from the day I got it, from guzzling engine oil to constantly changing out spark plugs.
It’s currently in the garage waiting for “Vauxhall” spark plugs.
The mechanic called initially to say that there obviously was a serious problem with the car, after they recovered it when it broke down.
He said he would test out the injectors and the compression but would £150 for that alone.
At the end of the day I called and he said that “The engine is ok, the injectors are ok, the compression is ok and the coil packs are ok, we don’t know what’s causing this, I can only hope that it’s needing official Vauxhall spark plugs, which I’ve found using the number off your car”
So I told him to go ahead and they will be ordered tomorrow and installed Tuesday.
These will be the fifth set of spark plugs since I’ve had the car, first official Vauxhall spark plugs, so I’m hoping it works.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you manage to cure the problem if solved?
Ps, the spark plugs I used were the ones Halfords and the like recommended, Bosch.
Thank you!
Paul123

Post by Paul123 »

Hello I'm Paul from Cornwall I have a Grandland Ultimate in 1.2 Ruby Red.