What next?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
IanA

Post by IanA »

We came out of a petrol Mokka into a Grandland Hybrid and are halfway through the PCP.

I enjoy the Grandland with its higher stance and the ability to tool around town or trickle through slow-moving jams in electric mode. Sport mode is fun although not while the family is on board!

Our local shopping centre offered free charging until recently. The range capability of a fully electric Vauxhall does not match our journey requirements (460 miles to Scotland).

Thinking about a replacement, I have to say that the Hybrid thing does not a lot for us. The overall fuel consumption is not impressive.

I've driven a Crossland with the 3cylinder 1.2 motor and found that it sounds harsh under acceleration. What is the performance like in a heavier Grandland?

Also- looking for lowest price Grandlands on eBay, there seem to be an inordinate number with smashed-in front ends- what's that about? I don't find that the Grandland of itself encourages tail-gating.

Obviously, test drives when the time comes will inform our decision.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello IanA

I went from a 1.4 140-bhp Mokka X to a Grandland X 1.2 Manual and noticed little difference. Yes the 1.2 is tinny sounding engine but it is a 3 cylinder engine and most sound like this. I have owned mine since 2019 and had no issues with it other than the wetbelt which was resolved quickily even though my car was not part of any recall. I would 100% test drive one to see how it feels.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

We have just started a look as coming up to three years with our Grandland. Frontera is one that will be worth a look at others are XC40, GLA, Q3 and Tiguan. Deals are pretty poor across ICE cars from a bit of digging. Still shocking that a current Grandland Ultimate is more expensive than a XC40 or GLA with similar spec, The Grandland is quite simply overpriced as allot of Stellantis products are from Peugeot, Alfa, Jeep and Vauxhall in particular.

So, we will hold off, even go up to four years with current Grandland if nothing pops up or waiting time even pay it off and keep even longer.

However, I do think last quarter there will be some good deals as interest rates drop and manufactures realise that uptake on EV will be slower than expected (mind you a used 22 plate Corsa E for 12K is great value and heavy depreciation) and that upping prices due to demand and PCP has led to almost a boom bust cycle in private sales.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV