Electric Traction system fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Katewhie

Post by Katewhie »

Hi I have a 23 plate Grandland hybrid which I’ve owned for a grand total of 30 days and on Wednesday when pulled away from standing the was a bang/loud pop and the Electric Traction warning light came on. Although the car was drivable whenever I turned the engine on and pulled away there was an awful noise a bit like something was scrapping along the floor, which would stop and be replaced by a sound which seemed like something was dislodged and rattling around under the boot. It has now gone to the garage, but just wondered if anyone else knew of this or had experienced it? Thanks

andy06

Post by andy06 »

I had the electric Traction fault yesterday accompanied by all the usual warning lights. My Grandland 2020 phev drove ok but would not switch to Electric only. The following is what i think is what caused the. problem. Apologies is it is a "red herring"
When messing about with my OHME charger app, - there was option to select 2 Grandland cars ie 7kw charging ie 3kw charging. I changed from the 3kw to 7kw option.
This appeared to have messed up the cars computer and the electric traction probs appeared.
I changed the car back to the 3kw option on the OHME app and charged the car overnight. The problem "appears" to have self rectified.
This might fit with the post above re. the need to change the high voltage unit .
andy06

Post by andy06 »

andy06
Post Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

I had the electric Traction fault yesterday accompanied by all the usual warning lights. My Grandland 2020 phev drove ok but would not switch to Electric only. The following is what i think is what caused the. problem. Apologies is it is a "red herring"
When messing about with my OHME charger app, - there was option to select 2 Grandland cars ie 7kw charging ie 3kw charging. I changed from the 3kw to 7kw option.
This appeared to have messed up the cars computer and the electric traction probs appeared.
I changed the car back to the 3kw option on the OHME app and charged the car overnight. The problem "appears" to have self rectified.
This might fit with the post above re. the need to change the high voltage unit .

Subject:
Re: Electric Traction system fault

11 posts

You may also be interested in...
Electric Traction System Fault
Last post by Katewhie « Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:20 pm
andy06

Post by andy06 »

I had a similar problem. It appeared to be that the car charger was set to 7kw charging. I set it to 3 kw and the fault appears to have gone
nh55

Post by nh55 »

Katewhie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:20 pm Hi I have a 23 plate Grandland hybrid which I’ve owned for a grand total of 30 days and on Wednesday when pulled away from standing the was a bang/loud pop and the Electric Traction warning light came on. Although the car was drivable whenever I turned the engine on and pulled away there was an awful noise a bit like something was scrapping along the floor, which would stop and be replaced by a sound which seemed like something was dislodged and rattling around under the boot. It has now gone to the garage, but just wondered if anyone else knew of this or had experienced it? Thanks
Hi, what was the fix for your issue? I’ve just had an identical issue on a 20 plate.
andy06

Post by andy06 »

hi i have had a 20 plate gramdland plug in since before xmas. All was ok. I was messing about with my app that controls my OHME charger. On the app when selecting your car type there were 2 car options - one to set as a 7kw charger or another to set as 3kw charge. I changed to the 7 kw charge and immediately i had the problem after the charge. I set the app back to 3 kw charger car, plugged in the charger and all seems ok now. I suspect that there might be an issue with the grandland high voltage charging ? I hope this information is correct and helps.
nh55

Post by nh55 »

nh55 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:09 pm
Katewhie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:20 pm Hi I have a 23 plate Grandland hybrid which I’ve owned for a grand total of 30 days and on Wednesday when pulled away from standing the was a bang/loud pop and the Electric Traction warning light came on. Although the car was drivable whenever I turned the engine on and pulled away there was an awful noise a bit like something was scrapping along the floor, which would stop and be replaced by a sound which seemed like something was dislodged and rattling around under the boot. It has now gone to the garage, but just wondered if anyone else knew of this or had experienced it? Thanks
Hi, what was the fix for your issue? I’ve just had an identical issue on a 20 plate.
Guessing yours was rear driveshaft too. Ours had snapped on a car 3.5 years old with 60k miles on it. Very poor.
andy06

Post by andy06 »

hi my traction warning light - which has now gone - appears to have been caused by my changing the charging rate on my home charger fron 3.6 to 7 kw. I contacted Vauxhall who said that the Grandland PHEV should be charged at 3.6?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post