Reversing Camera

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Grandlad

Post by Grandlad »

Flyboy: very interested in your reversing camera. Are you happy with it in regular use? In particular, have you noticed any effects on any other bits of the infotainment system, or is it as good as it looks?
Grandland Hybrid4 Ultimate. Moonstone Grey, uprated charger.

MikeandKaren

Post by MikeandKaren »

Nice mr Vauxhall installed an aftermarket rev camera. It was very dark. Couldn’t see where you were going. Went in and Vauxhall downloaded an update which whacked the brightness and contrast up. Now much better.

With regard to sat nav updates, mr Vauxhall says we have the latest! Not so sure. Came over the new Forth road bridge last week and it didn’t recognise it! Not on maps! And it’s been open for a year!!!! Come on Vauxhall.
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Grandlad, It's okay for regular use, The guidelines on the camera are significantly narrower then the actual width of the car meaning the use of both mirrors to align yourself with the curve is still highly recommended.

As for side affects, except of loosing the radio reception 2 seconds after switching to reverse (getting it back garbled after further 5 seconds) which I expect it's the box drawing power from the radio unit, I've seen no evidence of any change to the infotainment (radio/nav or any other function) , that I can report.

Hope this answer your questions.
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof
Grandlad

Post by Grandlad »

Flyboy, many thanks for your feedback. Will give it some thought. Best of luck with yours.
Re MikeandKaren's comment, the satnav doesn't show the new Mersey crossing at Runcorn or its associated new access roads and they've been open a year, too.
Grandland Hybrid4 Ultimate. Moonstone Grey, uprated charger.
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

Has anyone tried Halfords £349 fitted to existing screen? or has anyone gone down the route of having a separate screen? cheers Darren
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
DorsetJ

Post by DorsetJ »

I just bought a Grandland X Griffin from a main dealer - it too has no reversing camera. The dealer told me that the issue with getting a fully operational reversing camera ( i.e. with bending lines) is that a specific module needs to have been installed on the car at manufacture and is installed on all Grandland automatics but only on manual Grandlands with a reversing camera installed at manufacture; which as my dealer said was a funny way to go about things.

I was offered the installation of a partial reversing camera (without the bending lines) that would feed to the main display by a mechanic recommended by the dealer.

When I said that I would think about it, the mechanic came up with a camera that he could install that would be fully operational and feed to the main display. The mechanic has only just started to deal with the company producing the camera but has installed it on successfully on several vehicles. I am waiting for the kit to arrive and be installed so that is all that I can tell you at the moment. So keep asking, the kit is out there and can be fitted.