Reversing Camera

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

I was disapoointed that my new Grandland X Elite didnt come with a reversing camera , as seen on the demo car.
Does anyone know why Vauxhall are unable to fit one that integrates with the display screen as an accessory? The only one I was offered had an additional screen that would be placed on the drivers side dashboard. Hardly a neat solution

Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

I believe it was a corporate decision to change the spec....theres more info about this change here...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=82&p=355#p355
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Thanks Jase
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

I too dissappointed no camera and told option was still not available. Gotone fitted yesterday from car communication www.carcommunication.co.uk costs around £600 fitted. Fully integrated with touchscreen and moving guidelines.
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Will have the tecnician from carcommunications.co.uk coming tommorrow to fit the reversing camera. total cost 606.94£. Will let you know how it went.
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof
Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

flyboy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:51 am Will have the tecnician from carcommunications.co.uk coming tommorrow to fit the reversing camera. total cost 606.94£. Will let you know how it went.
Looking forward to seeing it!
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Installation was done today. A very nice and professional guy went through the whole car. total time was 3 hours.
The process did involved taking a lot of panels out and stripping the tailgate.

Important note: try to avoid removing plastic parts when it's so hot outside. the little plastic plugs that hold the panels in place tend to go soft and it's very hard to place them into their holes again.

There is a place for the camera sensor already between the two rear number plate lights - no need to drill anything, as shown in the picture :

20180723_141331.jpg

The control box is placed above the radio unit (located in front and underneath the gear/shift lever).

The final result is as in the picture attached :

20180723_141539.jpg

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

You have definitely got me thinking on getting one. How was the cabling taken through the cabin.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

I would like one as well, from what I have seen the control unit they fit will take more than one input?
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Mark : I haven't been with the guy throughout the whole installation but it was my understanding that he was using the holes which were already there (the car has is prepared for a camera, VX decided not to add it) and the rest is under the panels, behind the wheel section and down underneath the shift lever where the radio box is. The camera control box is drawing power from the radio stack and is placed just on top of it.

satellitemandaz : The camera control unit (at least the one I saw) had more then one input option, However you should check that from the shop you order your kit from.