Speed Camera Alerts no longer working

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Jdrive

Post by Jdrive »

Hi
I'm on my second Grandland and found the speed camera alerts useful in my current 2020 SRi Nav. However, last month the alerts stopped sounding so with trepidation (based on other reports on the forum) I updated the firmware and maps as I wondered if this may be the problem. The update was very easy and went smoothly, but has not cured the problem. I've checked on Vauxhall Connect and the subscription is good to 2025. The Tom Tom site suggests alerts may stop after a trial period, but I wondered if anyone else has encountered this issue.
Many thanks.
Vauxhall Grandland X 1.2 SRi Nav 2020 (70) Diamond Black

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey Jdrive and Welcome to the Forum

Have you check on your Phone in settings that Bluetooth tethering is enabled?
Also the settings on the nav screen has the tick for internet connection from your phone?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Jdrive

Post by Jdrive »

Hi GrandlandX68

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you; I've just returned from holiday.

My phone seems to be connected OK - Bluetooth calls work fine and the My Vauxhall App communicates with the car spasmodically.

I couldn't find anything in the nav screen settings for internet connection from my phone though; where exactly is it? I have also strayed into the 'Alerts' tab on the nav screen and believe I have activated all the speed camera related ones, but still no alerts sound. My difficulty is that initially the alerts just started sounding a few days after I had bought the car when I activated the Vauxhall Connect subscription, but I have no idea how and I have not knowingly changed anything since then.

Any further help/ideas would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey Jdrive

No problem hope you had a nice time.

If you go on to the Phone settings on your Nav screen make sure the Phones internet connection is shared. You should be able to select your phone and check the Box is ticked.

Did you check on your Phone in settings that Bluetooth tethering is enabled? as this is seperate to the Bluetooth connection option.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Jdrive

Post by Jdrive »

Hi GrandlandX68

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking in the Nav menus rather than the phone menu, but everything was ticked.
As a last resort I selected ‘Restore Factory Settings’ on the Nav menu which has now cured the problem, but I’m still not really sure how! Anyway the alerts are working again which is the main thing.

Many thanks for your help and support with this issue.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Jdrive wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:01 am Hi GrandlandX68

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking in the Nav menus rather than the phone menu, but everything was ticked.
As a last resort I selected ‘Restore Factory Settings’ on the Nav menu which has now cured the problem, but I’m still not really sure how! Anyway the alerts are working again which is the main thing.

Many thanks for your help and support with this issue.
Great News 👍🏻

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post