Plugin Hybrid full charge

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Tarbey

Post by Tarbey »

Can anyone with a plugin hybrid tell me what miles are showing when their's is on a 100% full charge pleas?
I am only showing 14 miles? This is unacceptable and makes having a plugin pointless.

grampymike

Post by grampymike »

Charged my Hybrid 4 last night and got 20 miles on a full charge, thats the lowest i've had for a while, been getting 24 miles per full charge prior to last night
huffy

Post by huffy »

I've been getting about 20 miles on a full charge during the cold weather, even a bit less.
But when it was less cold last week got about 30 on a steady run.
Same thing happened last winter, they really can't cope with the cold weather. Things should pick up again when it starts to get warmer.
Some of the other plug in hybrids have the same problem, I look at the Peugeot 3008 Hybrid forum and there are lots of complaints each winter about the drop in range.
Don't know if you are aware, but driving style, aircon being used, heating on, as well as air temperature can all really effect the range on these cars.
Currently I'm really happy with my Hybrid4, but depending how much you pay for your electricity, there is sometimes little or no savings compared to using the ICE.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
spikey

Post by spikey »

I swapped my Grandland for an Astra hybrid just before Christmas and I’m currently experiencing a similar battery range.
Roll on spring.
brucey

Post by brucey »

I'm getting 14 miles ... most electric vehicles have about 40% of max capacity when it gets to freezing. If you think you've got problems be glad you don't have a 100% fully electric car, then you really would be in trouble.

I also think that the 14 mile range is actually a bit pessimistic. It could be calculating it first thing, when its sub zero but as the day warms up you get a lot more range. I got my car because the commander in chief does a seven mile commute, and when she's back from the 14 mile out and back, its usually got around 6 miles 'in the tank' which means that the actual real range was more like 20 miles. If you want to commute with one of these fully electric, then I think 7 miles is a reasonable limit.
-
Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x
IanA

Post by IanA »

With the better weather (!) we're now getting 34miles on the electric clock through self-charging or powerpoint charging at a local shopping centre. Incidentally the latter was free until recently.
When questioned, the dealer explained that the mileage predicted is not an absolute number because the ECU calculates it based on your recent driving patterns.
If you've been beasting it, expect the number to be lower. Similarly, my experience of "soft" driving on undulating roads gives a better outcome than predicted.
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

I've been getting 32 miles per charge on average. Suiting me well so far!
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
Trebor114

Post by Trebor114 »

I am charging mine to full and it’s only saying 14 miles.
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Charged mine last night. After full charge it showed 26 miles and managed to get 28 miles before it switched to hybrid mode. When it was freezing I was lucky to get 18 miles.
SCRUMPYBOY

Post by SCRUMPYBOY »

I'm getting 19 miles on a full charge at this time of year, hopefully double that once it warms up !

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post