drivers road light not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
aecius

Post by aecius »

Surely don't know what this is but I have a strange problem - drivers road light not working bought new bulbs and swapped right and left bulbs to rule out the bulb (which I thought should be obvious). And now the rear passenger tail light is gone too! Must be some gremlin in electronics. I checked fuses under the glove box and I will tell you the circuit diagram that is in the owner's manual is not what I've got under the glove box. Neither what I have in fuse box in engine compartment.
Tried to look online with no results. My friend suggested I should get a cable and wire left road light to a right one but not sure if I can actually do that.
The ABS system is not working, ESP/ASR (I think that's for traction control) not working, hill start system not working (although automatic handbrake works okay) also one of the reversing lights is not working. "Have the vehicle repaired" Ughh!
Is there a module that perhaps need to be replaced?
Or is there a full fuse box diagram.
I have 1.6 TD 68-plate Grandland

IMG_20230209_143852_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230209_143908_HDR.jpg

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Often several systems becoming faulty at once is a sign the battery needs replacing. May be worth getting battery checked.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Have you tried taking the battery off and leaving it off for a while to reset as this sorts most issues?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
aecius

Post by aecius »

Thank you for your answers. I have replaced the battery for a new NAPA one. And no that didn't solve any of my problems. I must say it took me over 30 minutes to finally install the battery back. I not a tallest person and the battery access is as bad as getting into a fuse panel.
Friend of mine mentioned a bad relay could be a cause.
So it is drivers front road light, passenger rear tail light and interior cabin lights.
aecius

Post by aecius »

Hi again, it's been a while. The problem was faulty control unit module (the black thingy the fuses are - which I replaced and reprogrammed at Vauxhall. £450 for part + £300 for labour
GrandxEd

Post by GrandxEd »

Hi can you tell me the location of this please or a pic where it is I have the abs light on, just so I can try and fault find if this might be the issue? I have a fault showing electrovalve faulty thanks alot Ed
aecius

Post by aecius »

First thing is:
This is your case and might be something very different.
In my case it was the entire box - this is the plastic thingy with lots of fuses in it that is located under the glove box but the access to it is quite bad. You would have a car technician to install it and then program it properly for you.

Second thing is the ABS issue came back after a while and it happened to be a sensor that was going awol

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post