My start stop just flashes and doesn’t turn engine off

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Beer84

Post by Beer84 »

How do I get my start stop to work? I have the button to turn on and off and doesn’t work when it’s activated can anyone help please

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello Beer84.

It wont always work as it depends on the conditions as to whether it will.
A lot of Forum members have found their car batteries have too little charge in to allow the stop start to work. I had mine replaced under warranty before it was 3 years old.
It might be worth getting your battery charge checked to see what percentage it is.
If i remember correctly it needs to be above something like 78% But I maybe wrong but was around this figure otherwise the car wont allow it to work.

We also have a forum topic on stop start link below
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=167&p=7516#p7516

Hope this helps
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Beer84

Post by Beer84 »

Hi again

Thanks for your message. I’ve only driven short trips atm and covered 175miles I tend to drive long distance at weekends so hopefully after a long drive it will do it will let you know. Also when it says eco mode is that just literally whether you the stop start activated or not?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It should hopefully work as you say after a long drive but it sounds like the battery may be very low then as Eco mode is activated to protect the battery so the car will start.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Trevor unwin

Post by Trevor unwin »

I have the same problem, just flashes and doesn’t do anything else. Ironically, it is the same reg, same colour as yours. Will give it a run and see if that does anything.
Annoying though.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It could be that the battery has dropped below the charge needed for it to work. It might be worth getting the battery tested to see the charge and whether its a healthy battery. Quite a few garages offer a battery test for free. Let us know how you get on.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Mine always does this, I don't ever remember it working to be honest apart from when I purchased the car second hand from the dealer. I assume they charged it fully using a separate charger. Frequently even after long journeys the car will go into eco mode very quickly if the ignition is on (engine not running). Makes it impossible to listen to the radio without the engine running.
I have considered getting a mains charger and leaving it to charge whilst in the car. Probably cheaper than buying a new battery! I don't think the correct type of battery has been fitted for AGM auto stop functionality.

Simon
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

hi mine has never worked despite telling Vx about it on every service 18 plate, just done 10,000 miles, just been in for the recall as well, braking system/oil/cam contamination.
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
asrajarajan

Post by asrajarajan »

When this happened. My VX dealer replaced the battery level sensor and battery. Now the start stop works like charm except on very cold days!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

satellitemandaz wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:26 pm hi mine has never worked despite telling Vx about it on every service 18 plate, just done 10,000 miles, just been in for the recall as well, braking system/oil/cam contamination.
I had the same issue but then they replaced my battery and reset the system and its worked ever since.

Have a look at the topic below as it may help you.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=167&p=7516#p7516

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post