Turning of the engine

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
NickCuz

Post by NickCuz »

Hi All, I have just swapped from an Insignia B to Grandland X Petrol 1.2 on a 70 plate, this may sound stupid but can people share there experiences of how the engine sounds when they turn off the engine, does the engine turn off immediately or do you get the a little bit of a quiet squeaky noise like the engine has run on briefly for a second? Just wonder if this was the case and it just allows the engine driven belt not to come to a sudden stop, thank you for your replies/advice really appreciated.

Sorry another one lol, is the Grandland X abit louder on acceleration due to the smaller engine? As I'm use to the insignia with a bigger engine and it wasn't as loud thank you all

Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

I have never had a problem engine shuts down immediately on our 19 plate
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

@NickCuz, Is yours a push button start/Stop or Key. Mines a push button and get a slight sound when I push the button to stop the car, first is the click of the steering lock then the ac vents close off so a small whirl type sound. as for acceleration, yes they are a little bit more noise as its only a 3 cylinder engine but not overtly loud I would say, quite like the noise it makes under initial acceleration, and they are quicker than you think even for a 1.2t, never had any struggles 4 up and luggage, 1st to 2nd gear is very small time and change up quickly.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
NickCuz

Post by NickCuz »

Thanks for the reply, mines a key, think it's just a case of getting use to a smaller engine, like you mentioned it is slightly noiser under acceleration but its a pleasant punchy acceleration wants you get through the gears ASAP, but it's got everything I need, as for turning the engine off not noticed on my previous vauxhalls just thought it might be slightly different with it being wet belt engine and not so much of an instant stop thanks again for your input much appreciated

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post