Wireless charger.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi all. This may or may not have been answered, but can’t really see anything to confirm this.

Just purchased a Grandland X Elite with snow pack that has the wireless phone charger inside the elbow rest. The car is a 2019 model 4 years old now. I have the iPhone 11 and yet the wireless charger doesn’t work and just get the Orange light. 4 years ago the iPhone 11 was around, so not sure why this isn’t compatible, and if so why? What’s the point of putting a wireless charger in a car, where no popular phones work on it.

Anyone else found this or cured it? Or tips on how to cure it, if that can be done.

Thanks in advance.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey PeteW

Does your phone have a case on? I find it doesnt work if it does but if you take it off it normally works.
I find sometimes if you take out the rubber mat inside the compartment this helps aswell.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi GrandlandX68

Not tried any of them, so will do that over the next couple of days, see if any work. The phone case I have, allows wireless charging on a device at home, but I’ll try removing it and the mat, see how I get on. 👍
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PeteW wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:43 am Hi GrandlandX68

Not tried any of them, so will do that over the next couple of days, see if any work. The phone case I have, allows wireless charging on a device at home, but I’ll try removing it and the mat, see how I get on. 👍
👍🏻 Yh its seems to be a very sensitive system and I only worked these out myself by fiddling and trying all options to get my phone to charge.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Tried both these. Removing the cover and removing the mat. Both give me a green light, but seconds later goes back to orange. This is the furthest I’ve got to a green light so far, so not sure now if it’s a setting on my phone now needed. iPhone 11 on iOS 16.5.1. Any ideas would be great.

IMG_7519.jpeg

IMG_7518.jpeg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Have you tried turning your phone the other way round?
I think there may be setting on the phone aswell.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Yeah. Tried turning upside down. Doesn’t work that way. Looking on Google also for the iPhone 11 there doesn’t seem to be any wireless charger settings, as it’s already enabled as part of the phone. I’ll keep at it, I may find the reason why I’m getting a green light to begin with but then going orange within a few seconds. Thinking about it, I might alcohol wipe the interior of the arm rest. It’s 4 year old, so probably needs doing anyway on a cleanliness level 🤣
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

🤣. Is the phone right against the bottom of the centre console? I know its very tempermental as took ages to get my phone to work on it. In the end I decided to never use it.
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

It's not very practical with new phones... My Pixel 7 PRO doesn't fit, but my work iPhone 11 works quite well in it.
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Grandlandx68 - My phone is as per the photos, resting against the wall phone sat on the base. The reason I want it working is so when the kids plug theirs in to the usb in the back seats, it’s not then connecting to the sterio and I’m than listening to Eminem 🤣 they can pop it in the console out the way. I’m beginning to think though it’s not worth the time trying to get it to work, and like you not bother with it.

Baronoli - did you have to do any wizardry to get the iPhone 11 to work or did it just work without having to do anything with it?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post