2023 Grandland GS line Auto

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
scottyfowbar

Post by scottyfowbar »

Now then everyone, my first post so apologies if i am asking old questions:

Just ordered GS Line and have some questions:
1. apple car play does this work wirelessly? i know Ultimate has wireless charger and so that it would make sense for it to connect wirelessly as standard throughout trim levels?
2. I use front and back Dashcams in my current vehicle - i think GS doesnt have rear boot 12v - there is apparently a blank with wires behind, so assume if the fuse is there and the wires, should be easy to get a 12v socket connected?
3. Ambient lights - i cannot find where they are located?
4. Are the roof bars like standard profile, so i can use my old bars which fitted a 3008? i have Cruz Aero Optiplus rails - do i take the plunge and go brand new Thule? (will mean i have three sets of bars and connections in the garage!!)
5. what is a soundproof insulated windscreen!!
6. Anyone fitted a larger arm rest, being Auto i suppose my left side wont be doing a great deal!
7. Is the screen in front of the driver customisable in any way?

All the above are probably nit picky questions, but you know ask and ye shall find out!

Scott :D

Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

scottyfowbar wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:34 pm Now then everyone, my first post so apologies if i am asking old questions:

Just ordered GS Line and have some questions:
1. apple car play does this work wirelessly? i know Ultimate has wireless charger and so that it would make sense for it to connect wirelessly as standard throughout trim levels?
2. I use front and back Dashcams in my current vehicle - i think GS doesnt have rear boot 12v - there is apparently a blank with wires behind, so assume if the fuse is there and the wires, should be easy to get a 12v socket connected?
3. Ambient lights - i cannot find where they are located?
4. Are the roof bars like standard profile, so i can use my old bars which fitted a 3008? i have Cruz Aero Optiplus rails - do i take the plunge and go brand new Thule? (will mean i have three sets of bars and connections in the garage!!)
5. what is a soundproof insulated windscreen!!
6. Anyone fitted a larger arm rest, being Auto i suppose my left side wont be doing a great deal!
7. Is the screen in front of the driver customisable in any way?

All the above are probably nit picky questions, but you know ask and ye shall find out!

Scott :D
1. Wired Only :(
2. Yeah, can confirm the wiring is behind the blanking plate.
3. In the door cards, they light up quite nicely at night.
4. Yep! I my roof bars fit from my last 3 cars on this. I use Cruz stuff and don't see why I'd ever need Thule.
5. No idea, but it's a lot quieter than my last Grandland road noise wise!
6. The rest does slide forward, which helps :)
7. You can personalise one section, I used it to add Engine temp and RPM as it's a PHEV and wanted to see the ICE stats.
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
scottyfowbar

Post by scottyfowbar »

Hey Baronoli,

Thanks for the replies!

Just what i needed :D

now another silly one: are there 4 roof grab handles? only asking cos my mums getting on a bit and usually uses these to help her out...

Scott
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

scottyfowbar wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:28 pm Hey Baronoli,

Thanks for the replies!

Just what i needed :D

now another silly one: are there 4 roof grab handles? only asking cos my mums getting on a bit and usually uses these to help her out...

Scott
WIll check the back for you this afternoon!
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
scottyfowbar

Post by scottyfowbar »

Cheers Baronoli,

I have had a youtube search, admittedly most of the videos were LH Opel variants, but they all showed grab handles. so thats another question ticked off...
and also:
Q1: I see people on the forum were suggesting some kind of wired sender to leave plugged in, allowing iphone to connect whilst out of sight. could be an option.
Q2:Have emailed Vauxhall dealership to see if they can either get 12v installed prior to delivery, or order the part and then install. May also go for wired-in dashcams when i get the car.
Q4:yes Thule seems to supply all the manufacturers from what i can gather, but my Cruz are great and look good in black too.

Scott
scottyfowbar

Post by scottyfowbar »

update:

Vauxhall will fit the 12v in the rear for circa £200-£250...ouch
scottyfowbar

Post by scottyfowbar »

update on update:

To be fair to Vauxhall, they have emailed back and said they will look into it for me when it arrives... so thats not too bad...
pphilynn@aol.com

Post by pphilynn@aol.com »

Vauxhall say this effectively is not there fault although they issued a recall for a defective battery 2 weeks after this happened. If you're going to buy a Vauxhall grandland hybrid make sure you buy a fire extinguisher also

20230524_062309.jpg

20230614_122507.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post