Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
AndyB

Re: Stop / Start issues

Post by AndyB » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:27 am

Just done over 600 miles, stop/start worked a few times, now back home......nothing. Did try the stop/start if i turned the heater off....omg it worked, so turned the heater to lo with no air con and nothing. The stop/start did work about 3 times, now im back to normal with no stop/start working.......
Also, too my vehicle in this week for the electrical recall, had made the appointment a few weeks ago...... gues what...... got to the dealership and they had not got the relevant parts in to complete this recall. So was sent home and a new appointment has now been made for next week.
What is happening to Vauxhall !!!!
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Well a few weeks following kitkats advice,stop start works all the time. In the winter I know once outside temp hats to a certain level it won't come on and a warning comes up explaining this.

I get the feeling the same goes in the summer when we have the fan on at low with A/C on the cat knows it's so hot that it won't come on.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps and a Nextbase 412 dashcam thats all it needs. :)

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 am

Just left dealership and now know the fault code relates to the start Stop it’s seemingly the body control Module that needs changed Told them start and stop works fine now .I asked them about the other fault codes they said they found Was told there is none and I asked them how come when I phoned 3 times to ask for the fault codes I was told the technician never recorded them so can’t tell me and today they can but only 1 code .I need to find another garage
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof Wind Deflectors Mudguards & Window Shades

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Lock-N wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 am
Just left dealership and now know the fault code relates to the start Stop it’s seemingly the body control Module that needs changed Told them start and stop works fine now .I asked them about the other fault codes they said they found Was told there is none and I asked them how come when I phoned 3 times to ask for the fault codes I was told the technician never recorded them so can’t tell me and today they can but only 1 code .I need to find another garage
UPDATE ?
Just been to collect my car and was told now no fault but 8am today I was told the body control Module was the fault code so would be fixed .Now no fault so I’m baffled.I was told the car has been on a test drive and Start & Stop works fine .I said I know I told you this when I booked in at 8am but you insisted that the Module is faulty and would be fixed He then went on to say it must have fixed itself as no fault codes are showing now so there’s your key I have now contacted Vauxhall to make an official complaint and await there reply .But don’t hold out any hope of a satisfactory answer
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof Wind Deflectors Mudguards & Window Shades

Return to “Faults & Technical”