220v socket

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Citydesk

Re: 220v socket

Post by Citydesk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:29 am

Just remember that the 220v socket is only capable of powering devices up to 150w so no hairdryers or kettles! and the 12v sockets can only deliver a max of 120w

and for the Stop Start here are some of the things which will stop the it from working

● The engine is not warmed up.
● The engine coolant temperature is too high. e.g after a high speed drive (motorway) or if it is a particularly hot day
● The engine exhaust temperature is too high, e.g. after driving with high engine load or Immediately after higher speed driving an Autostop may be inhibited.
● Certain settings of the climate control system may inhibit an Autostop e.g. very low settings
● The brake vacuum is not sufficient.
● The self-cleaning function of the diesel particle filter is active.
● The vehicle was not driven at least at walking speed since the last Autostop otherwise an Autostop will be inhibited.

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi can anyone say if the Plug Socket can be used to charge drill Battery’s I Mean when driving charge on the go I don’t want to try incase I damage the socket any help on this subject would be appropriated
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:58 am

My 220v works all the time, however, the problem I have is that the design of the socket isn't great. When plugging things in it requires a lot of force, and if the plug comes out even a millimetre then it doesn't work.

I'm also not sure if the inverter in there is a pure or modified Sine Wave inverter. A lot of things will not work (or won't work well) with modified Sine Wave - which is the cheaper option and knowing Vauxhall this is most likely the case.
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018

bazate

Post by bazate » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 am

My 220 socket broke down unexpectedly after being used only few times to charge a cell phone. They say it was a fuse.
I wonder what other thing connected to the same fuse made it go offline.

Return to “Faults & Technical”