firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
RobAndrews

Post by RobAndrews »

Make sure you type the vin no. in correctly, sometimes a 0 could be a o, I've had no problems, recognised mine straight away, I have actually updated 4 grandlands now for my friends, I only downloaded the update once, if you copy the downloaded file to another place on your pc, you can then copy it back to the download folder if you need to try it again.
Good luck

TYC

Post by TYC »

RobAndrews wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:27 am Make sure you type the vin no. in correctly, sometimes a 0 could be a o, I've had no problems, recognised mine straight away, I have actually updated 4 grandlands now for my friends, I only downloaded the update once, if you copy the downloaded file to another place on your pc, you can then copy it back to the download folder if you need to try it again.
Good luck
Tried a few times, if I mix up the o and the 0 it tells me its invalid, when I type it in fully it tells me its unrecognised, oh well back to the vaux app and try again, cheers.
TYC

Post by TYC »

Well, I'm defeated, I have tried the Peugeot app (won't recognise the VIN), tried the link from Tomtom and tried the Vauxhall app a couple more times as well just for good measure, I don't suppose anyone has the file in Onedrive or something similar that they could share with me?
RobAndrews

Post by RobAndrews »

TYC, I don't know why it's not recognising your VIN no, I've done 4 grandlands with the Peugeot app now, you must be typing it in wrong, if you want to send me your usb stick I could try for you, the file is too big to send otherwise
RobAndrews

Post by RobAndrews »

TYC, can you put up your VIN no and then I could try it for you, also check that you have the correct VIN no, it's actually marked on the car on the left hand side where the tax disc used to go, cheers
TYC

Post by TYC »

RobAndrews wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:52 pm TYC, can you put up your VIN no and then I could try it for you, also check that you have the correct VIN no, it's actually marked on the car on the left hand side where the tax disc used to go, cheers
It’s deffo the correct VIN number, it worked on the Vauxhall app.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I'm afraid I gave up updating the nav system a year or so ago. It's a slow upgrade process and wasted a hour in fuel while I waited with the engine running for the copy to work.

I now use TomTom app on my smartphone connected to the car; any map updates on the app take about 5 mins over wifi. For the cost of £20 per year it's a bargain for the time saved.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post