Hazard lights flashing rapidly when locked

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Gottagetaname

Post by Gottagetaname »

Hi, when i lock the vehicle and then press the remote lock button again a short time after the hazards flash rapidly ( 20 times) the puddle lights and interior lights come on. Is this deadlocking the car or is it some kind of vehicle locator technique as ive read in peugeot forums ??
Thanks in advance

Pvb

Post by Pvb »

No idea, but I have the same experience. I also would like to know als why this happens ...
Cadparrot

Post by Cadparrot »

Mine does the same. Done a search online and looks like it is a Peugeot thing. Pressing the lock button a second time causes the hazards to flash repeatedly so you can locate your car. Apparently you can change this in the settings if you don't want it turned on.
JatHome

Post by JatHome »

If you press the lock button twice in quick succession, you will hear the car lock and then you should hear the deadlock clunk
2018 1.6 Turbo Diesel SE in Jasper Grey
VuBear

Post by VuBear »

Any one get the near side front not flash then joins in and then pauses then repeats only noticed it tonight will get a vid of it tomorrow, just afraid it's one of the gremlins at work already :/
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The standard setting for locking the car is a single press of the lock button, a second press of button within 5 seconds will deadlock the car. Indicator lights will light for short period then extinguish.
Any button press after the 5 seconds sets the sequence of rapid flashing (20) of indicators etc. Will not unlock the vehicle but helpful to locate it.
VuBear

Post by VuBear »

This is the problem i have came across :/
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

If you press the lock button and the lock button again they will flash the hazards continuously for about 20 seconds but yours going to one side I have never seen before. I would book it in at the dealership for them to look into or another way that might fix it is to take the battery off for about 10 minutes to reset the car.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

To clarify, a second press of the lock button will deadlock the car, provided the second is done within 5 secs of the first.
After the 5 seconds, any press of the lock button will set the 20 flash sequence.
I was also surprised to see the sequencing of your front hazard lights as seen in the video.
First thought being that it appears strange.
This morning, after a short drive, I locked the car and then pressed the lock button, after the 5 seconds, guess what? My nearside hazard missed a flash on 3 occasions during the 20 flash sequence.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

To continue, on arriving home I locked the vehicle with an additional lock press after the 5 seconds and took a video of the flashing. The video allowed me to determine the following sequence by the nearside hazard:
4 flash/miss/5flash/miss/5flash/miss/3flash.
The offside flashed the full 20 flashes.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post