Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Epochking72 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:16 pm Hi all,
My names Martin and I own a 2018 petrol Grandland X 1.2 turbo, which I’ve had a year and a half.
I’ve had nothing but problems from the day I got it, from guzzling engine oil to constantly changing out spark plugs.
It’s currently in the garage waiting for “Vauxhall” spark plugs.
The mechanic called initially to say that there obviously was a serious problem with the car, after they recovered it when it broke down.
He said he would test out the injectors and the compression but would £150 for that alone.
At the end of the day I called and he said that “The engine is ok, the injectors are ok, the compression is ok and the coil packs are ok, we don’t know what’s causing this, I can only hope that it’s needing official Vauxhall spark plugs, which I’ve found using the number off your car”
So I told him to go ahead and they will be ordered tomorrow and installed Tuesday.
These will be the fifth set of spark plugs since I’ve had the car, first official Vauxhall spark plugs, so I’m hoping it works.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you manage to cure the problem if solved?
Ps, the spark plugs I used were the ones Halfords and the like recommended, Bosch.
Thank you!
Hello Epochking72 and Welcome to the Forum.

Have the dealership contacted Vauxhall Technical support for more information and help as this is not normal?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Paul123 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:01 am Hello I'm Paul from Cornwall I have a Grandland Ultimate in 1.2 Ruby Red.
Hello Paul123 and Welcome to the forum
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator